If you have reached this page, then I am positive you’ve started your online business and you are searching for steps by step guide to building an unstoppable online business.
In this guide, we are going to show 6 Steps To Building An Unstoppable Online Business.
Overview of starting an unstoppable online business
Starting a business on the internet is no different than starting a business offline. You have to have a strong plan and you have to follow the plan. There are no silver bullets. Just because you have put up a website doesn’t mean that money will start pouring into your bank account. The people who are successful simply have a plan and they take consistent action.
When building a business you are exchanging value for money. In other words, you provide a solution to someone’s problem. The solution has value to the person with the problem so they are willing to pay you for that solution. It’s that simple.
Building a successful business online isn’t really that hard. Many get caught up in what everyone is telling them to do and that simple mistake takes you deeper and deeper into overwhelm.
Yes, there can be many moving parts to an online business but once you have a good understanding of how they fit together, you are well on your way.
Therefore, let’s begin to go over the 6 Steps To Building An Unstoppable Online Business.
6 Steps To Building An Unstoppable Online Business
Step 1: Find a Problem and Solve It
This is the first step to building anything online. Most people want to start with their product but no matter how good a product is…you have to know what problems it will solve. If you can’t identify the problem it will be hard to sell it.
When doing your research, it is best to understand your customer’s mindset and language. Because you want to communicate back to them that you understand exactly where they are coming from.
The best way to do that is to find the exact words they may be using…
A couple of ways to do that is to…
- Do keyword research using the simple Google Search Bar or Ubersugest. Google will prepopulate terms that are being searched for every day.
- Visiting Amazon and find books about your market or product and read the book reviews. This is a great source to understand your niche. Seeing what questions pop up and discovering how to solve some of the problems. Pay attention to the questions and comments being asked and especially the responses.
- Check out your potential competitors by visiting their sites and taking note of what they’re doing to fill the demand. Then you can use what you’ve learned and create a product for a market that already exists–and do it better than the competition.
Step 2: Hungry Market:
- Your hungry market simply has a problem that they want to be solved AND they MUST be willing to pay for it. Look for competitors in the market. If other people are selling to this market it’s a good sign that you have a hungry market. Top markets include weight loss, self-improvement, and making money. Narrow down your market to a subset of a larger niche.
- When looking for your hungry market identify who you’re going to serve and write down their exact pain points. Enter a niche because you’ve found 100 people who have the same specific problem and then offer a solution to solve it.
- Solve the pain and you’ll have a thriving business.
Step 3: The Marketing Funnel:
- In a nutshell, your marketing funnel is the system that you use to educate your customers so that they will trust you enough to purchase the products you are selling. When selling online there are three key components to every marketing funnel:
- An attractive website
- Lead capture software
- Solid follow up and communication strategy
- Lead generation is the goal of your marketing funnel.
Note: Introduced to “Marketing Funnels
This marketing funnel is all about solving problems and adding value to your customers. It is about taking that customer down a clear path. The deeper the customer goes down the funnel the more access they will have to you the expert.
Your marketing funnel starts with a simple “Opt-In Page” this is a simple page that only offers one thing and that is to exchange their email address for some form of the free offer.
Next, you would have a simple “Sales Page” this is a page where you are able to offer your services or product to your customer. They have the ability to buy or not. This is also called a (Time Offer) Page. This means that your customer won’t see this offer again and it is at an unbelievable price.
The last page would be your “Thank You Page” this page gives your customer the link to download the free report or product.
It really is that simple. So many gurus make this process so complicated just for the sake of selling more products.
How to Improve Your Email Deliverability
All the email newsletter tools that we have shared in this article have great email deliverability rates.
However there are a few things you can do to make sure that your marketing emails always get delivered.
1. Use a Professional Email Address
Email platforms like Gmail, Outlook, and others have algorithms that look for spammy behavior. One of them is the sender’s email address.
As a business, it’s important that you use a professional business email address (like [email protected]) and not a generic Hotmail or Gmail address.
This will help make sure that your email deliverability rate is higher than the industry average.
2. Send Targeted Emails Based on Interests
It’s very important that you personalize your emails based on user segments. Email marketing software like Constant Contact allows you to easily group your subscribers into segments such as most active, not-active, interested in specific topics, custom segments, etc.
This will help your email marketing campaigns have the highest open rate and click-through rate which is a big factor in future email deliverability.
You may also like 10 Best Email Marketing Platforms for Small Businesses (2022)
Step 4: Promotion:
- Define your lead gathering strategy. What advertising channels will you use to make people aware of your product or service? This is different from your marketing funnel. Your marketing promotion drives people to your marketing funnel. The two work together to generate leads. Promotion strategies include:
- paid advertising such as:
- Facebook ads and other PPC advertising
- solo-ads, PPC advertising,
- Banner Ads, SEO
- Joint venture partnerships
- Blogging, social media syndication
- paid advertising such as:
Step 5: Follow-Up: (where the unstoppable income comes from)
- Chris Brogan recently said that 70% of his income comes from email marketing – 70%. The money is definitely on the list.
- When you built your foundation in step 2 you included a way for your hungry audience to share their email address with you.
- Now it’s time to communicate with the people that subscribed to your list. This is where you get to build a tribe. Use common sense, but don’t be afraid to sell. Share relevant and valuable information that your subscribers can use, but don’t be afraid to put offers in front of them. This is where you can promote affiliate products that you have found useful in your business. Remember that your job is to help your subscribers solve a problem – give them solutions to the problem.
Step 6: Establish Yourself As An Expert
To begin with, let’s all assume that in our example “The Expert” is someone that knows more than we do and they are willing to teach and share it with us. In this example I believe that many of us are really experts in our field, it’s just that we have been brainwashed into believing that our voice or thoughts really don’t matter.
We all have abilities and talents we have either learned or are born with, that others don’t have and they would be willing to pay us good money for those services.
With that said, one of the biggest aha moments I can share with you about your expert status would be to focus and solve one problem at a time!
As a web designer and working online for a number of years, my skill set was vast to say the least.
I knew WordPress Web Design, Hosting, Design, Landing Pages, Sales Copy, Blogging, Course Creation, Consulting, and Coaching… you get the point.
So the bottom line is to focus on one pain point of your customers and become the go-to expert for them.
As business owners, there are so many things we should be doing with our time. Whether we are learning something new or creating something, our time is very valuable.
Learning to prioritize our activities by first focusing on things that will bring in the money is really a no-brainer. But I have to be honest, I have gotten sucked into every other activity but generating money.
So I am learning to prioritize my time, setting goals, and rewarding myself with the time off to do the life things I need and want to do. This is working for me, so in reality, you will have to find what will work for you and your business. And many times this does take falling a few times to get it right for you.
I hope this article has assisted you in one way or the other to motivate you on how to build a successful online business.
Please support me by sharing the post to your social media handle in other to help others too.