Are you a freelancer, influencer, blogger, or whatever your profession is on the internet, looking for a way to open a foreign bank account as a non-US resident?
Do you want to open a foreign account that allows you to receive payments in USD, EUR, and GBP, but you can’t since you don’t live in those countries?
However, even if you are not a resident, there are legal methods of obtaining a foreign account that would allow you to send and receive payments with ease.
and then transfer that money to your local bank account.
However, in this tutorial, we’ll go over the best ways how to open free foreign bank accounts as non-US residents for USD $, EURO €, and GBP £, with a focus on the word “free.”
Yes, it is achievable, and I will show you two methods for doing so.
If that interests you, follow up with me.
Which Countries Allow Non Residents to Open Bank Accounts?
Some countries will allow non-residents to open bank accounts even if they are not physically present.
You may be required to process some necessary documents, such as tax documents and others, as part of the process.
As a result, counties that allow it include:
- United States of America
As a non-resident, there are two simple ways to open a bank account in the United States.
The simplest and cheapest (in fact, free) way to open a bank account in the United States as a non-resident is to use third-party platforms that provide all of the bank account’s features.
These third-party platforms, through their synchronized banking system, enable you to receive and send money in major European and American currencies such as the Euro, Pounds, Dollars, and others.
You have nothing to be concerned about because such institutions are backed by law and are based on the laws that govern the banking system of the country in which they operate.
As a result, there can’t be any problems with missing funds or deficiencies.
Today, we’ll take a quick look at two of the platforms I recommend.
You can easily open a foreign bank account without being a citizen or even a resident, and send and receive money without difficulty.
Today, we’ll look at two platforms in particular.
How to open free foreign bank accounts as non-us residents
WHAT IS PAYONEER ALL ABOUT?
Payoneer is a financial services company founded in 2003. It provides money transfer and digital payment services to millions of customers all over the world.
It is available in all countries in the world, and is, therefore, a good alternative to PayPal for individuals living in countries where PayPal is not available or is not fully functional, like most African countries, e.g., (Nigeria, Ghana, and a lot more).
Payoneer Account It enables millions of businesses and professionals from more than 200 countries to reach new audiences by facilitating seamless, cross-border payments. Thousands of leading companies, including Google, Airbnb, Fiverr, and Getty Images, rely on Payoneer’s mass payout services.
Whether you are a blogger, business owner, professional, or freelancer, Payoneer offers you multiple ways to get paid by your international clients and global marketplaces—quickly, securely, and at a low cost. When you get paid via Payoneer, you can easily transfer money from your Payoneer account to your local bank account or withdraw the funds at ATMs worldwide.
Benefits of Opening Payoneer Account
- You can open Payoneer account in any country Free of charge
- You can create virtual bank accounts to receive payments from american and european companies
- You can apply for a debit card which you can use for online payments and for funds withdrawal at ATMs.
- You don’t need to change your IP address or use VPN to access Payoneer website in Nigeria.
- You don’t need to use fake information to get a Payoneer account in Nigeria.
- You can use Payoneer account to receive payments from freelancing marketplaces like fiverr, Upwork and other websites that accept Payoneer as payment method.
- Payoneer gives you two major bank accounts as soon as your registration is activated with them. You get UK bank and USA bank from them in common.
- Since Payoneer render the required banks, all you need to do is give them your Payoneer account details and you will get your payment directly to your Payoneer account. Now after getting your payment, Payoneer allow you to withdraw the cash directly to your local bank which you can withdraw via ATM with little transaction charges.
The required details are not too many. It is completely free to open. You need the following information or details:
- An email account.
- Address (postal code and residential address): Make sure you use the correct postal code. It is where your Payoneer card will be shipped to. Check for your postal / zip code here if you live in any country.
- Local bank account: The details of your local bank accounts will be requested for.
- Means of Identification (I.D card, voter’s card, Driver’s license, International Passport): If you have a temporary I.D card slip, you can as well use it. As far as it has your National Identification number.
How to open a Payoneer Account
Here are the steps you need to follow to Open a Payoneer account for free and get 25 dollars for signing up:
You can visit the official Payoneer website by clicking on this link.
Step 2. Enter your Personal Details in the spaces provided.
Fill all the details in their respective boxes. The data you enter must correspond with what you have on your means of identification. You must treat your Payoneer account like you would treat your official bank account because that is what it is.
After filling in all the required details, click on next.
Step 3: Fill in your contact details
Enter your contact details in the boxes provided. Mine indicates Nigeria because I live in Nigeria. If you live in the UK, USA, The Philipines, or any other country, just make sure you select the appropriate one.
Make sure you enter the correct address. Like I said earlier, that is where your Payoneer card will be shipped to. After successfully entering your contact details, click on next to proceed.
Step 4. Enter Security details.
Now, enter your security details in the boxes provided. Choose a password easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
Enter a security question and provide an answer to that question.
The security question will be used to confirm your identity in case of any issues.
The country has been specified. However, you can change it if your means of identification is from another country.
Step 5. Enter local bank account details
Enter the exact match of your local bank account details in the boxes provided. This is important if you intend to perform a bank wire transfer from your Payoneer account to your local bank.
If you don’t know your SWIFT/BIC, make a google search for your bank BIC. For example, visit google.com and search for ‘UBA Swift code’, ‘GTB Swift code‘ or any other bank swift code.
After completing all the details, click to agree to terms and conditions and pricing fees and then click on submit.
You should get a congratulations message like this:
If you followed all the steps in this guide, You will also get an email confirming that the review of your application is in progress.
The Payoneer team will conclude the review of your application in less than two working days. In fact, mine didn’t last for up to 6 hours.
- Price: When you look at the pricing, it’s very reasonable, especially if you don’t plan to accept credit card payments.
- Customer Support: The Payoneer customer service system is very responsive, and there are numerous support documents available, including a support service page, a community, and a blog.
Here are some of the features of the Payoneer platform that you might not like.
Payment features are lacking, particularly in terms of integration with payment receiving services like POS and payment gateways. Payoneer is missing a lot of features.
Account Termination and Freezing: Payoneer, like other e-banking platforms, reserves the right to hold your funds if they detect or suspect any fraudulent activity with your account.
Wise, formerly TransferWise, is the UK’s largest money transfer provider, with a monthly turnover of £4 billion. It is absolutely safe to utilize the company’s services, as millions of other Britons, Europeans, Australians, and Americans do every month, but depending on your demands, there may be better solutions.
Wise.com takes pride in its straightforward cost structure and competitive exchange rates. Users are almost unanimously delighted with the online method because it is simple to use.
How to open formerly TransferWise Account
Below video will work you thru step by step guide on how to create your own account
Advantages of Transferwise (wise)
When compared to other options, one of the main advantages of using transferwise is the extremely fast delivery (usually within minutes).
Transfers made with a debit or credit card, on the other hand, can be delivered quickly.
Fees are Relatively Low: A combination of a flat price and a percentage is used in many countries’ pricing schemes.
For example, you might see pricing like $1 + 0.1 percent of the amount being transferred.
Credit card costs, like any other platform, are usually greater. All additional fees associated with transferwise are those imposed by third parties, such as your bank if you are moving money from your bank to wise.
There are no rate markups: Another significant benefit for overseas retailers is that transferwise does not charge an exchange rate markup fee.
It works with mid-market rates, which change every few minutes.
They have a slower bank transfer process than other providers: transfers funded through a bank account might take up to a week to complete, with the fastest speed being 3 to 4 working days.
Types of US bank accounts
Most US bank accounts are checking or savings accounts. Checking accounts work like current accounts in other countries and provide services like:
- Online banking access;
- Bills and other payments;
- Account transfers;
- Bank transfers and direct debits;
- Recurring payments;
- Debit cards;
- ATM withdrawals.
Savings accounts allow you to save over time and will pay interest on your savings. There are often restrictions on how often you can withdraw money from a savings account. Both checking and savings accounts will come with:
- A routing number that identifies your bank
- An account number that identifies your account
Don’t be discouraged if you need a US bank account to receive payments online.
When it comes to receiving international payments via bank transfers, I usually recommend Payoneer. It is very simple to get started with.
In This article, I’ve explained in detail with screenshots and video How to open free foreign bank accounts as non-us residents for USD $, EURO €, GBP £
- How To Get A FREE Virtual Credit Card Generator For Free Trials Sites
- How to Get a Free Credit Card with Unlimited Money in 2022
- How to Transfer Money From Netspend to Cash App Instantly in 2022